Further Innovations for Winter Preparation
20 March 2012
The Idox Transport has enhanced their winter maintenance packages to include a passable roads display. Using Idox Transport's "Passable Routes" page any authorised user can quickly annotate a route as being passable, impassable or unknown.
The status of all routes is then instantly broadcast via Voyager to the public, hauliers, bus operators, emergency services, radio stations, etc who can use the information to modify their operations. Features and benefits include:
- Pre-confgured routes (such as gritting routes) can be imported and set as passable, impassable or unknown collectively or individually.
- Different road types (such as A roads, B roads, minor roads, unnamed roads etc) can be set as passable, impassable or unknown collectively.
- Users can define their own route by drawing it on a map and naming it, then that can be set as passable, impassable or unknown.
- Any authorised user can set the route passability. These could be local authority users, district users, bus operators, etc.
- Whilst Argonaut users can view all road types, Voyager users can be denied access to say the status of minor roads.
"The development team are pleased to offer this simple but effective enhancement to the winter maintenance packages we have available. Information is key in most types of management scinaros, and the passable roads section of Argonaut fits the bill nicely." commented Adrian Goodwin, Idox Transport's Project Manager.
Page 42 of 47